can anyone explain why hiv causes more frequent yeast infections in women?

Q. it doesn't seem like getting a yeast infection has anything to do with how weak of strong your immune system is.

A. A yeast infection, like ringworm, jock itch, and athletes' foot is caused by a fungus. In the case of a yeast infection, women have this fungus growing in their vaginas most of the time, but when that fungus begins to grow out of control, you get a yeast infection.
Your body has natural defenses against fungi such as this, but when your immune system is compromised, your body doesn't have the resources to fight the fungal infection.

can a yeast infection in a woman induce erectile dysfunction in a male?
Q. I didnt know I had a yeast infection and we had sex, I only found out later I was starting one, I treated my yeast infection and now about a month later, he is having problems with keeping his erection...could it be he got my yeast infection even in that early stage and that's the problem?

A. if you have an infection you can pass it on he should see a doctor

If you have dental problems is it possible to cause a yeast infection in a woman?
Q.

A. I've never heard of dental problems causing a yeast infection. If you're taking anti-biotics for the dental issues, anti-biotics can cause a yeast infection in some women. Ask your doctor if you're unsure.

Is is normal for a woman to get a yeast infection twice in one month?
Q. I had a yeast infection a few weeks ago due to IV antibiotics administered to me at the hospital, and I treated it with a seven day yeast infection cream. Today, I found out that my yeast infection came back. I'm a little overweight but no diabetes. Should I be concerned that I have it again? Should I go to the ER?

A. Maybe you need another course of antibiotics or a different one. It's okay to have it again.

Just means that the medicine didn't clear up the first one. Call your doctor and see if they can prescribe something to the pharmacy.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers