Is it possible my gynecologist missed the bacterial vaginosis?

Q. I thought I had the symptoms but my doctor said she didn't find it and couldn't smell anything. Is it possible that she missed it or that the test was wrong? Should I ask for another test?

A. If your doctor performed the test and it came up negative, I would go with that. If you are still not sure, or want to try and rule out something else, I would suggest going to the drug store and picking up one of those home self tests from Vagisil.

http://www.vagisilkit.com/kit2/index.shtml

Do the bacterial vaginosis e-books really work?
Q. I've been trying to do research on ways to treat and prevent BV and I keep coming across e-books for remedies to cure BV naturally within 3 days. I haven't found any useful reviews because every site that I've been directed to just seems interested in pushing readers to buy the book. Is there anyone who knows a little more information on these e-books? I would like to read a REAL review.

A. I completely understand your question. My answer is don't waste money on the e-books because those people are only trying to get your money, honey. I have been suffering from Bacterial Vaginosis for over a year. I have scoured the internet searching for a solution to my problem. My GYNO was no help when she told me that it was stress related. How can someone not be stressed out when they have discharge and smell like nasty fish. Anyway, I have tried everything from Acidiphilous pills, to douching with hydrogen peroxide, to using unscented Dove soap. Nothing worked at all. I ran across reviews on Amazon for Fem-dophilus. These women were raving about this product. It's a pill forumulated with only the good bacteria for vaginal health. I have been taking them vaginally, and they are great. The bottle says approved by the FDA to take orally, but it wasn't working as well when I was only taking them orally. I ran across this website http://www.jarrow.com/Dr-Reid-0 for a scientific answer as to why inserting them vaginally works better. Be sure to check out slides 6-9. I hope this helps you out.

Can bacterial vaginosis cause fatigue and an overall feeling of malaise?
Q. I have these symptoms each time (about 1-2 times a year). It is an infection, so I was just wondering if anyone else had these symptoms. They clear up along with the vaginosis in a few days of taking clindamycin. The symptoms come before the medication, so they're not from the medication.

A. The symptoms of bacterial vaginosis are vaginal discharge and odor. Usually, there are no other symptoms. The amount of vaginal discharge that is considered normal varies from woman to woman. Therefore, any degree of vaginal discharge that is abnormal for a particular woman should be evaluated.

Many women with bacterial vaginosis actually have no symptoms at all. Others experience an unpleasant fishy odor with vaginal discharge. The discharge is usually thin and grayish white. The discharge is often more noticeable after sexual intercourse.

What are some home remedies to get rid of bacterial vaginosis for good?
Q. I've been having it for like three months and I can't go to the doctor because I have no insurance so what are some remedies I can do at home.

A. check out simple home remedies by visiting http://ezinearticles.com/?3-Simple-and-Natural-Bacterial-Vaginosis-Home-Remedy-Methods&id=3447020




Powered by Yahoo! Answers