How long does it take to Cure Cure Bacterial Vaginosis With Apple Cider Vineger ?

Q. Can someone please tell me how long it takes to cure a bacterial vaginosis with apple cider vinegar. I also wanted to know how does this happen. I clean down there with different types of soaps could that be a reason why it get irritated.

A. The reality is...there are NO studies to prove that apple cider vinegar can be used to treat this condition. NONE. All so-called "evidence" is based on anecdotal theories at best. I'm not sure how you are using this vinegar, but I would suggest to stop wasting your time.

Clearly, the best and most reliable treatment is typically with a medication called "Metrogel Vaginal," or "Clindesse." The advantage of the latter, is that it is a one time treatment. The vaginal applications for MetroGel are usually 5-7 nights.

Yes, many soaps can be VERY irritating to the vaginal flora, and it is best to use something mild/neutral. I typically recommend Dove or Ivory. You should try to wash "inside" the vaginal canal either. Avoid soaps that are "antibacterial" in nature as well. As well, you should NEVER douche, or take "bubble baths," as these will upset the flora and precipitate a B.V. infection.

Talk to your doctor or provider of care about this. Leave the vinegar for your next salad instead.

Best of luck!

Will grapefruit seed extract work to cure bacterial vaginosis?
Q. I don't want to take the Metronidazole that was prescribed to be because of the side effects that I have a history of. Does grapefruit seed extract work to cure this? How much/how do I use this? If not, are there any other natural remedies that will work?

Thanks!

A. No. Natural remedies generally won't work on bacterial infections, despite all their bogus and unproven claims. Stick to scientifically proven medicine, not alternative medicine nonsense. Tell your doctor you have had a history of side effects with that particular antibiotic, and they can prescribe you a different one. Real medical doctors have undergone years of studying biology, chemistry, physiology, pathology etc etc and respect science, experiment, evidence and clinical trials, whereas naturopaths, and other alternative medicine claimants, are not required to learn such knowledge, and instead rely on unverified anecdotes and hearsay.

Is it possible my gynecologist missed the bacterial vaginosis?
Q. I thought I had the symptoms but my doctor said she didn't find it and couldn't smell anything. Is it possible that she missed it or that the test was wrong? Should I ask for another test?

A. If your doctor performed the test and it came up negative, I would go with that. If you are still not sure, or want to try and rule out something else, I would suggest going to the drug store and picking up one of those home self tests from Vagisil.

http://www.vagisilkit.com/kit2/index.shtml

Do the bacterial vaginosis e-books really work?
Q. I've been trying to do research on ways to treat and prevent BV and I keep coming across e-books for remedies to cure BV naturally within 3 days. I haven't found any useful reviews because every site that I've been directed to just seems interested in pushing readers to buy the book. Is there anyone who knows a little more information on these e-books? I would like to read a REAL review.

A. I completely understand your question. My answer is don't waste money on the e-books because those people are only trying to get your money, honey. I have been suffering from Bacterial Vaginosis for over a year. I have scoured the internet searching for a solution to my problem. My GYNO was no help when she told me that it was stress related. How can someone not be stressed out when they have discharge and smell like nasty fish. Anyway, I have tried everything from Acidiphilous pills, to douching with hydrogen peroxide, to using unscented Dove soap. Nothing worked at all. I ran across reviews on Amazon for Fem-dophilus. These women were raving about this product. It's a pill forumulated with only the good bacteria for vaginal health. I have been taking them vaginally, and they are great. The bottle says approved by the FDA to take orally, but it wasn't working as well when I was only taking them orally. I ran across this website http://www.jarrow.com/Dr-Reid-0 for a scientific answer as to why inserting them vaginally works better. Be sure to check out slides 6-9. I hope this helps you out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers