Can i mix monistat 3 with Plain yogurt for my yeast infection?

Q. I have a yeast infection and it's almost gone but i was wondering if it would be more effective to mix yogurt and the monistat suppository. I have also been taking 1000 mg of Oderless Garlic and have eaten some yogurt. I have been watching what i eat and have been drinking lots of water.
It's not to eat -_- it's to put up there! Yogurt is okay to use inside your vagina for yeast infections and so is monistat so my question was can i mix them, NOT TO EAT THEM.

A. Yes you absolutely can.

Here is what you should do: use the medication at night, apply yogurt down there for a couple hours sometime during the day. I wouldn't put them both at the same time (I don't know why but my MIL is a nurse and said not to)~ do it separately.

Be sure the yogurt is Plain and not flavored.
Also, It would also help you to eat some of the yogurt and even take acidophilus which has the same stuff yogurt does. (if you are on antibiotics and that is why you got the yeast infection then wait to take the acidophilus until you are done with the antibiotics, taking them together will lessen the effects of antibiotics.)

Best affordable brand of yogurt to use for yeast infection?
Q. Hi I was wondering what brand of yogurt is good and works for a yeast infection and the best way to insert it into vagina. Should I put it in with fingers? Should I dip a tampon in the yogurt then put it in or could I fill a tampon applicator with yogurt, freeze it, then insert it?

Thanks for all answers.

A. I wouldn't use yogurt for yeast infections. Where did you hear that from? My doctor told me drinking cranberry juice is good for the bladder and infections. As home remedy this may be a good choice to go for.

For a more formal and better treatment, you can just go to your local pharmacy and buy an over the counter medicine for yeast infections. Many women have problems like these. So finding these products shouldn't be difficult. I would ask someone who works their to help you find it.

As someone that has a vagina, I know that douching can cause yeast infections because it kills all the bacteria even the ones that help clean the vagina. It also increases your chances of getting yeast infections. Many doctors would advise you against using a douchebag because it causes a lot of problems such as yeast infections.

Applying yogurt to vagina for yeast infection?
Q. I'm not sure, do you just slather it inside? Because that seems a little unsanitary. Also, does anyone have any other remedies?

A. NEVER apply yogurt to your vagina for yeast infections!!!

Its the bacteria in yogurt that can HELP reduce symptoms and heal yeast infections!

You need to go to the pharmacy and get some yeast creams and or tablets!!

Normally there is a one of pill you can take, and a cream that will help ease the irritation! Its inexpensive and will help clear it up ASAP.

Yeast Infections are incredibly common, so there is nothing to be embarrassed about. Just speak to one of the staff at the pharmacy and they will be able to assit you.

Is yogurt really good for chronic yeast infection in ears?
Q. I read this somewhere but now I can't find anything about it and I don't know how much or how often to feed it or if it really IS a good thing to be feeding my cat. She's had ongoing yeast infections since I adopted her and I wanted to see if there was anything cheaper than the vet since I'll be dealing with this the rest of her life.
Ohhhhhh thanks Elaine!! That'll help anyway!! I've been buying drops at the vet every couple months so that will at least save me money!!

A. No, not in the ears. The yogurt/yeast infection only works with humans (women, and it's what you put in AFTER you douche down there to get the good bacteria going again).

For cats with yeast infections in the ears you need to change the acidity of the environment to stop the yeast growth. It's easiest done with a kleenex wadded over your finger, dipped in 50/50 water/vinegar and swabed out every other day. The yogurt won't do a thing.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers